Vincenzo Scamozzi, villa Priuli (1599)

San Germano dei Berici (VI)
Address
Via Chiesa 23, località Villa del Ferro, San Germano dei Berici (VI)
Access

Exterior.

Exterior and courtyard by prior arrangement.

Data updated to 7.09.2016.

photo Stefano Maruzzo

Like the Villa Dolfin at Campolongo, the Villa Priuli was also associated in the past with the name of Vincenzo Scamozzi, confirmed recently by new archive findings. Moreover, the two buildings have some very similar stylistic features, such as the general structure of the porch with a dentilled cornice and the light rustication enhanced with columns. Built around the end of the sixteenth century to a project dating from 1597, the villa can be seen in relation to the two villas of the same name at Due Carrare and Treville and the palazzo in Padua commissioned by the same family.